Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish and for this weeks TTT it's my Best/Worst Movie Adaptations. I have broken them down into three groups. The Best, I though these movies were excellent adaptations. Okay, I thought that these movies were pretty decent. And The Worst, I thought these movies left of to many key events, characters or just didn't caption the magic from the novel.
Best
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I was really happy with the hunger games and thought that Jennifer Lawrence did a phenomenal job playing the part of Katniss.
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
I really enjoyed this movie and even though there was one or two things left out from the novel I thought that the movie stayed pretty close to the original storyline .
A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I know this is a TV show and not a movie but the first season was bang on perfect with the first novel in the series.
Okay
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
The reason this is in the okay pile is because The Goblet of Fire is the book that made me fall in love with Dobby. The lack of him and the other house elves is something I didn't like.
Worst
The Davinci Code by Dan Brown
This movie was no where's near as good as the novel. The book was a wild ride and the movie didn't capture any of its awesomeness.
Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
Honestly I thought the twilight books were pretty good. However I absolutely disliked the movies and I think it had a lot to do with the actors.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I didn't find that this movie had near as much mystery and magic in the book. To further check out my rant about this have a look at my
Book vs Movie post.
Jewels by Danielle Steel
I really loved this book but the movie was an absolute bore, I couldn't even watch the whole thing.
As I have been known to say the books are almost 100% of the time better then the movies but I still love to see my favorites appear on the big screen. What's your TTT? Share your link with me :-). And as always, thanks so much for reading.

Great top ten! Did not really like Twilight and Beautiful Creatures either. game of thrones is amazing!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday.html
Thanks for reading my TTT Eveline :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, I keep forgetting to read Practical Magic - I love that movie! And yes, no matter if you liked the Twilight books or not, the movies are particularly awful - especially the first one.
ReplyDeletePractical Magic was an excellent book, it goes into more detail about the 'family curse' and has a few more different variations. Thanks so much for your comment Sarah, sorry I'm so late with my reply :/
Delete