-->

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review - Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta





Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta
Expected Release date - October 1st 2013
Published by  Houghton Mifflin Books for Young Readers
Hardcover, 336 pages
Source - NetGalley
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Alone was the note Cade knew best. It was the root of all her chords.

Seventeen-year-old Cade is a fierce survivor, solo in the universe with her cherry-red guitar. Or so she thought. Her world shakes apart when a hologram named Mr. Niven tells her she was created in a lab in the year 3112, then entangled at a subatomic level with a boy named Xan. Cade’s quest to locate Xan joins her with an array of outlaws—her first friends—on a galaxy-spanning adventure. And once Cade discovers the wild joy of real connection, there’s no turning back .



Quote

“These two are optimally suited for entanglement, our greatest hope lies with them.”

My Review

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

 Cade is faced with a big dilemma, she needs to leave Andana, her planet, in search of Xan, the boy she unknowingly has been entangled with since birth. As long as she can remember Cade has always been plagued with the noise of an awful static sound in her head, she learns that this is because of her connection with Xan. During Cades journey we meet Lee, Rennick, Renna and Ayumi who turn out to be the most loyal friends she ever could have ever imagined. Together they head to the darkest part of space and go head to head with some seriously baddies, all to hopefully find Xan still alive.

 At first I found the story to be a little confusing. It was kind of like getting dumped on a foreign  planet with strange talk of non- humans, and space sickness. There was a odd static noise that Cade could hear in her head, which I also didn't understand. Thank goodness that the story picked up a few chapters in and it started to become pretty interesting. When Cade met Lee the story definitely got better for me.

 Lee is a young girl who's own personal tragedies has her working with the Human Express hauling cargo across space and risking contracting the debilitating space sickness. I loved her spunk and her loyalty. I also liked how deep down Lee was still just a scared little girl. My other favorite character has to be Renna, the living spaceship. I got a laugh out of how she reacted when one of her passengers did something that she didn't approve of.

 I loved all of the characters in Cade's crew including the meanest one of all Gori. I however was unimpressed with Xan, he seemed selfish and wasn't happy with his part. I don't want to give anything away but the ending is not going to be put anywhere close to my best endings ever list. Entanglement has action, mystery and many interesting sci fi elements, I give this story a 3 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? No

Buy it here:

Amazon | Chapters/Indigo

Places you can find the author
Links

Website  |  Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads



2 comments:

  1. Hmm It sounds interesting!! You should check out Indelible It's so good!! It's on netgalley, too :)

    ReplyDelete