Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan
Release date - June 18th 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 40 pages
Source - Borrowed
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Magnus Bane leverages his alliances with Downworlders and Shadowhunters on a venture to Victorian London. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.
When immortal warlock Magnus Bane attends preliminary peace talks between the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders in Victorian London, he is charmed by two very different people: the vampire Camille Belcourt and the young Shadowhunter, Edmund Herondale. Will winning hearts mean choosing sides?
Quotes
“I’m so sorry,” Magnus said politely. “Somebody incredibly attractive just came into the room, and I ceased to pay attention to a word you were saying.”
“Love the boy. Give him his happiness. And when I return, I shall devote an age to admiring you.”
My Review
This story is exactly like the title says, there's an appearance by Camille Belcourt, Magnus' future Vampire lover. When meetings don't go a rather friendly way between Downworlders and Shadowhunters Amalia Morgansten is there to offer scones as a way of distraction. And the best part of the book, we get to read about Edmund Herondale.
This book is my favorite story in the Magnus Bane Chronicles to date. I finally read about the Magnus that I've grown to love so much. The side of him that's quick witted, flamboyant, fun and as always a sucker for a pretty face.
There were so many elements in this book that I loved. There was the glimpse of toddler Charlotte Fairchild, the interactions with our favorite Shadowhunter's ancestors, the fact that Magnus is such an awesome guy and he won't selfishly put his needs before others. The best part of all was Edmund, I am totally in love! Now I see where Will got all of his awesomeness from. It didn't matter if he was charming the ladies, getting drunk and having adventures or rescuing damsels in distress, Edmund's story led me on a rollercoaster of emotions.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars and my only complaint would be that I wished it was longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment