Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine #1) by James Dashner
Expected Release date - October 8th 2013
Published by Delacorte Books for Young Reader
Hardcover, 320 pages
Add of to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
An all-new, edge-of-your seat adventure from James Dashner, the author of the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, The Eye of Minds is the first book in The Mortality Doctrine, a series set in a world of hyperadvanced technology, cyberterrorists, and gaming beyond your wildest dreams . . . and your worst nightmares.
Michael is a gamer. And like most gamers, he almost spends more time on the VirtNet than in the actual world. The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion, and it’s addictive. Thanks to technology, anyone with enough money can experience fantasy worlds, risk their life without the chance of death, or just hang around with Virt-friends. And the more hacking skills you have, the more fun. Why bother following the rules when most of them are dumb, anyway?
But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. And recent reports claim that one gamer is going beyond what any gamer has done before: he’s holding players hostage inside the VirtNet. The effects are horrific—the hostages have all been declared brain-dead. Yet the gamer’s motives are a mystery.
The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker. And they’ve been watching Michael. They want him on their team. But the risk is enormous. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will need to go off the VirtNet grid. There are back alleys and corners in the system human eyes have never seen and predators he can’t even fathom—and there’s the possibility that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.
Why I want to read it
I loved James Dashner's Maze Runner series! As I have stated before in a few previous post I think he is a wonderfully talented author and this story sounds really good. I've really been liking science fiction books and I'm curious what this futuristic world has in store for me.
Anyone else a James Dashner fan? Leave a comment and let me know :-) What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.

I'm so excited for this book!! I love James Dashner!
ReplyDeleteI know right! I hope I like it as much as I did his other novel. Thanks so much for your comment Jazmen.
ReplyDelete