-->

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blog Tour - 15 Minutes by Jill Cooper




 Today I'm happy to be apart of the 15 Minutes blog tour, which is hosted by Shane over at IFB Tours.



15 Minutes by Jill Cooper

Release date - June 15th 2013
Buy it here:  Amazon | Chapters/indigo
Add it to Goodreads


          Description 

I have 15 minutes to save my mother’s life….

15 minutes is all the Rewind Agency gives you in the past, but for Lara Crane it’s enough time to race through the city, find her mother, and stop her from being killed in a mugging that happened over ten years ago.

But that’s not how it happened. The story she’s been told all her life is a lie and when Lara takes a bullet meant for her mother, her future changes forever.
The love of her life acts like a stranger. Her simple life is replaced with a giant house, glamorous clothes and a new boyfriend.

Except someone knows her secret. And he will try to stop her at every turn as she races against the clock to unravel a dangerous conspiracy.

15 Minutes is an edgy high octane YA thriller that can be described as Back to the Future meets Inception where the people Lara trusts change in an instant. She is in a timeline she doesn't understand, and is about to make one fatal mistake as she faces an enemy so familiar, he’s family.



Check out the trailer




Quotes

“I don’t want to lose our future, Lara. Are you willing to risk everything you know for this?”

“What's a little casual murder between friends.”


My Review 

I received a copy from the author in exchange for a honest review

I loved this fantastic sci fi thriller. The concept of time travel has always been very appealing to me. The possibilities are endless and you never know what kind of effect the time tracing will have on the current reality. That's one of the things that makes it so exciting for me.

When given a chance to visit her past Lara's heart aches for the happy family that she finds there. Her mother was murdered ten years ago and she decides that she would do anything to make her family a whole again. Even if it could cause dire consequences. Thanks to Rewind, the company responsible for designing the technology that made time travel possible, Lara thinks she has found away to save her but all she gets is 15 minutes to do it in. Of course Lara didn't stop to think about what the effects would be to other aspects of her life from changing the past. Her mother may be alive but almost everything else was different, including her boyfriend. When she discovers who her mother's employer is she begins to wonder that her moms murder may have been a calculated act.

There were many aspects of this story that I enjoyed. The plot was well thought out and flowed perfectly. I was never bored for one moment and I always needed to know what was going to happen next. The characters were exceptional and I really felt a connection with Lara.

I loved Lara's ambition to go ahead, take the plunge and go after what she wanted. When things don't go quite the way she planned she does everything to make it right no matter how dangerous. I could really feel her emotions when she finds out what the repercussions were from her time traveling.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of Donovan and Rick. They seemed like Okay guys and both had a similar role to play in the story but only one of them did something that I would call unforgivable. What to know what it was? You'll have to read the book :)

I would absolutely recommend this book to any sci fi/ya fans. For moments there was a slight Minority Report/ Inception feel to the story that kept me incredibly intrigued and the last line was totally epic. I am now officially dying to read the next installment.

I give this story a 5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes


About the Author





Jill Cooper

Jill loves to blend horror, comedy, the supernatural, and love, through her novels. A fan of genre blending, her work strives to cross boundaries, but most of all strives to entertain. She loves soft cuddly cats, warm blankets, and paranormal romances. Jill resides in Massachusetts, is constantly renovating her home that she shares with her husband, young daughter, and two skittish cats.


Places you can find the author

jillcooper.drupalgardens.com | twitter.com/jillybug





a Rafflecopter giveaway



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading and reviewing :) I'm so glad you liked it!

    Jill Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous Jill. I really need to know what happens next :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review. Glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete