-->

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #17 - Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



Independent Study ( The Testing #2 ) by Joelle Charbonneau
Expected Release date - January 7th 2014
Published by HMH Books for Young Readers
Hardcover, 320 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

In the series debut The Testing, sixteen-year-old Cia Vale was chosen by the United Commonwealth government as one of the best and brightest graduates of all the colonies . . . a promising leader in the effort to revitalize postwar civilization. In Independent Study, Cia is a freshman at the University in Tosu City with her hometown sweetheart, Tomas—and though the government has tried to erase her memory of the brutal horrors of The Testing, Cia remembers. Her attempts to expose the ugly truth behind the government’s murderous programs put her—and her loved ones—in a world of danger. But the future of the Commonwealth depends on her.



Why I want to read it

 I loved The Testing, the first book in this series. I really liked the originality of the story. Students getting hand picked to have their intelligent levels tested - with horrifying methods. All to see who is bright enough to one day become societies leaders and perhaps find a cure for the now toxic Earth. It was a fantastic book so I'm very eager to continue on with the story


 What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




14 comments:

  1. Is this dystopian novel? Looks really interesting, I'll add it to my tbr list.

    New follower via GFC, Bloglovin' and G*.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is dystopian and its fabulous. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Thanks so much for you comment Glass :-) and for following :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard much about this series but what I have heard is all good! I'll have to pick up the first book! :) New follower!

    -Indigo
    my WoW: http://adventuresinyafiction.blogspot.ca/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-ignite-me.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for the follow and for checking our my WoW. It was a awesome story Indigo

      Delete
  4. I didn't really care for The Testing - I thought it was too derivative of The Hunger Games, and it just didn't measure up. But I still want to give the sequel a shot.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I did find this novel to have some same elements as Hunger Games, I thought this story was quite original. Thanks for visiting Stephanie :-)

      Delete
  5. Lovely blog, Monique! Thank you for befriending me on Goodreads.
    Your follower Mina @ Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Mina :-) I have been following your blog for some time now and noticed you on Goodreads so I added you there too.
      That's so much for visiting :D

      Delete
  6. Sounds very sci fi! I will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVED The Testing so much so I am extremely excited for this one! :D I loved the focus on intelligence. I know a few people thought it felt similar to other dystopian novels but for me I thought it really stood out from the crowd. It's definitely one of my favourites! Roll on January! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sarah I also loved the premise of intelligence being the important factor instead of the normal physical abilities. Thank for leaving a comment Sarah :-)

      Delete
  8. Ooh I haven't read the first book in this series but this is definitely going on my tbr. Fantastic pick! Thanks for stopping by our wow :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :-). And thank you for dropping by my WoW.

      Delete