Apollyon (Covenant, #4 ) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - April 4th 2013
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Paperback, 343 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.
My Review
Apollyon was an absolute hit for me and a fantastic edition to the Covenant series. I loved all of it and felt a range of emotions while reading it.
This book starts out following the events that occurred in Elixir. The first two paragraphs was enough to immediately suck me in. Even if I had never read any of the books in the series before it definitely would have peeked my interest. Here's the excerpt:
Once again Alex was my favorite character. She can be so fearless at times but you can still detect the vulnerblities that she keeps locked inside herself. I loved the humor that she brings to the story, I laughed out loud a few times at the hilarious things that came out of her mouth. Like this:
Once again I found myself becoming more fond of Aiden's character. The romance between him and Alex is so sweet and I truly hope that when this series ends they get a happily ever after.
I really felt Seth's absence, I wish that there could have been more of him in the story but I did really like that he shared a tiny bit about his childhood to Alex. It confirmed my thoughts about him never feeling loved or wanted, in turn making him an easy target for Lucian to manipulate. I still incredibly adore Seth and I also hope that he will get a happily ever after as well, even if its not with Alex. Maybe he can marry Olivia :) I bet Caleb wouldn't even mind it.
I also liked seeing a more softer, personal side of Marcus. Even from the beginning I could sense the goodness in Marcus and it was nice to see him acting more like the uncle that Alex needs.
The story was thrilling. There were parts that literally had me on the edge of my seat. The action was awesome and there was a few heart retching moments. Happily it didn't leave me hanging with an crazy cliffhanger like Deity did, but it did leave me wanting more.....like right now!
I give Apollyon a 5 out 5 stars.
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Places you can find the author
Links
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Release date - April 4th 2013
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Paperback, 343 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.
Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.
The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.
Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.
My Review
Apollyon was an absolute hit for me and a fantastic edition to the Covenant series. I loved all of it and felt a range of emotions while reading it.
This book starts out following the events that occurred in Elixir. The first two paragraphs was enough to immediately suck me in. Even if I had never read any of the books in the series before it definitely would have peeked my interest. Here's the excerpt:
My blood itched for a fight. Muscles screamed to engage. My thoughts were covered in a heady, amber haze of power. I was the Apollyon. I wielded control over the four elements, and the fifth and the most powerful—akasha. I fueled the God Killer. I was his power-up—the ace up his sleeve. I was the beginning and he was the end. And together, we were everything.
Yet, all I could do was pace back and forth. Caged and made helpless by the markings etched in the cement above me and by bars crafted by a god.
Once again Alex was my favorite character. She can be so fearless at times but you can still detect the vulnerblities that she keeps locked inside herself. I loved the humor that she brings to the story, I laughed out loud a few times at the hilarious things that came out of her mouth. Like this:
“ Just one more thing—you hurt any of my friends, you’re going to seriously regret doing so. Get my drift? So let’s all play nice and become best friends forever.”And there are the awesome words that she chooses to use like Holy baby daimons, heebie-jeebies, sucktastic, douchebaggery and others.
Once again I found myself becoming more fond of Aiden's character. The romance between him and Alex is so sweet and I truly hope that when this series ends they get a happily ever after.
I really felt Seth's absence, I wish that there could have been more of him in the story but I did really like that he shared a tiny bit about his childhood to Alex. It confirmed my thoughts about him never feeling loved or wanted, in turn making him an easy target for Lucian to manipulate. I still incredibly adore Seth and I also hope that he will get a happily ever after as well, even if its not with Alex. Maybe he can marry Olivia :) I bet Caleb wouldn't even mind it.
I also liked seeing a more softer, personal side of Marcus. Even from the beginning I could sense the goodness in Marcus and it was nice to see him acting more like the uncle that Alex needs.
The story was thrilling. There were parts that literally had me on the edge of my seat. The action was awesome and there was a few heart retching moments. Happily it didn't leave me hanging with an crazy cliffhanger like Deity did, but it did leave me wanting more.....like right now!
I give Apollyon a 5 out 5 stars.
Daimon | Half-Blood | Pure
Places you can find the author
Links
Website | Twitter | Facebook

I love the cover on these books! I'm a new follower coming from the Blogger Spotlight Tour! Hope you can check out the interview that just went up!
ReplyDeleteLaura @ Music Plus Books
Thanks so much for the follow Laura :D I checked out your interview and I followed you back.
Delete