-->

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #16 -The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister by George R.R. Martin




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister by George R.R. Martin
Expected Release date - October 29th 2013
Published by Bantam
Hardcover, 192 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

The perfect gift for fans of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels and HBO’s Game of Thrones: a collection of wicked one-liners from the incomparable Imp of Casterly Rock, fully illustrated by Jonty Clark!

“My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind . . . and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge.”

The jealous masses of the Seven Kingdoms may call him Halfman, but none have ever accused Tyrion Lannister of being a halfwit. His golden tongue has saved his skin slightly more often than it has landed him in mortal peril. Now, this special illustrated volume preserves his most essential knowledge for future generations, featuring time-tested guidance on such varied subjects as . . .

The art of persuasion
“The best lies are seasoned with a bit of truth.”

Fine dining
“A little honest loathing can be refreshing, like a tart wine after too much sweet.”

The fair sex
“The young ones smell much better, but the old ones know more tricks.”

Royal politics
“Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them.”

Common ailments
“A sword through the bowels. A sure cure for constipation.”

At once charming, insightful, and ruthlessly irreverent, The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister is short on pretense and overflowing with finely crafted gems—just like the man himself.



Why I want to read it

 As I have said many times on my blog I love Game of Thrones! Tyrion is one of my top favorite charters through the series. He is oh so very clever and at times, extremely hilarious. Being an imp he has been the brunt of many jokes and has never really been taken seriously by his father, and I love that his hardships have turned him into a great man.

 Since I have no clue when The Winds of Winter, book #6 in the Song of Ice and Fire series, will be published so I will have to make due with this for now. I do expect to get a few good laughs out of this book and I look forward to it



 What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




5 comments:

  1. I stated reading Game of Thrones but i ended up putting the book down and started watching the TV show instead. What I did read of it was good though so i will probably start again at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first season of Game of Thrones so much that I went out and bought all the books. I just had to know what was happening next.
      Thanks for stopping by Sam :-)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I've kind of fallen off the rails with the series (A Feast of Crows was just tedious), but I can see some humour in this, especially with illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tyrions sarcastic wit and I'm hoping this book will be something that I really enjoy.
      Thanks for visiting my WoW pick this week Bob.

      Delete
  3. She you finally get around to it I hope that you love the series as much as I do.
    Thanks for stopping by Patty and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete