Deity ( Covenant, #3 )
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - November 6th 2012
Published by Spencer Hill Press
Paperback, 330 pages
Source - Purchased
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
Quotes
“Emotions that are forced always end in tragedy.” - Leon
“I know things are different, Alex, but I will always be here for you. I will always help you.” He paused. “How can you ever doubt that?” - Aiden
“.... We are neither fans nor enemies of the Apollyon, but see them only as a necessity that will be needed one day. And that day has come.” - Leon
My Review
I don't know how Jennifer Armentrout does it but the Covenant series just keeps getting more awesome. I absolutely loved this book!
Once again Alex has proved to me what a wonderful woman lead she is, I loved her strength, her vulnerabilities and her snarky comments. With the fear of awakening into the Apollyon only to become booster for Seth's own power she yearns for the comfort of something forbidden to all Half-Bloods. I definitely feel for Alex in this story, she's going through a very confusing time and she's not completely sure about whats happening between her and Seth. The Apollyon inside her hums with pleasure whenever she's around him but her heart completely belongs to another.
Aiden grew on me quite a bit through this book. I really enjoyed getting to learn more about him. He opened up a lot and it was nice seeing more of him and Alex outside of their training sessions.
I also thought it was funny how Leon seems to make a habit of dropping by at the most annoying times. I would have liked to hear more concerning the letter she received in the beginning of the story and am hoping that I will read more about it in the next book.
In closing I would like to say that this book was fantastic. It has real emotion and a thrilling storyline and it's something I I would definitely recommend. The only reason I'm not freaking out about the mother of all cliffhangers is because I have Elixir and Apollyon sitting next to me waiting to be read.
I give Deity a 5 out of 5 stars. Just below my rating you will find a spoilery rant about my feelings concerning Seth's part in this novel. So beware and read at your own risk .
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes
SPOILER RANT
Seth - I know Seth did some really rotten stuff I still 100% love him to death. For me it seems like he probably grew up a very sad little boy and ached for someone to truly love him (I volunteer to fix him lol). Therefore, I think he's being brainwashed somehow and not actually in control of his actions. Even though he did get to be a bit too macho at times and even more egotistical (if that's possible) but I still loved his presence.
Oh and I totally called Leon's big secret all the way back in Half-Blood when someone (I can't remember who) made a rude comment about Apollo. Just the fact that he said something about it gave it away for me.
Buy it here:
Amazon
Would I read it again? Yes
Seth - I know Seth did some really rotten stuff I still 100% love him to death. For me it seems like he probably grew up a very sad little boy and ached for someone to truly love him (I volunteer to fix him lol). Therefore, I think he's being brainwashed somehow and not actually in control of his actions. Even though he did get to be a bit too macho at times and even more egotistical (if that's possible) but I still loved his presence.
Oh and I totally called Leon's big secret all the way back in Half-Blood when someone (I can't remember who) made a rude comment about Apollo. Just the fact that he said something about it gave it away for me.
Buy it here:
Amazon
You may also be interested in these reviews
Daimon, Half-Blood & Pure
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Places you can find the author
Links
Website | Twitter | Facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment