-->

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Annual Blogger Spotlight Tour





 Welcome to my stop on the First Annual Blogger Spotlight Tour, hosted by Justine from The Closet Library and Jazmen from This Girl Reads A Lot.

Today its my pleasure to introduce to you Elizabeth from  Blue Eyed Book Reviews






A little about the woman behind the blog

Elizabeth has a delightful personality and currently her blog is about her great love of reading. She is a fan of new adult and a lover of romance, which her blog reflects. It's soft, warm and pretty and has that romantic feel to it. Elizabeth's goal is to discover more awesome books through connecting with other bloggers and in return, share her knowledge of great stories and fictional characters.

Something we could possibly see from Elizabeth in the future would involve another love of hers, baking. Recipes, pictures and decorating techniques are some things she would like to offer and I for one would definitely check that out. I can use all the help I can get when it comes to baking. Also in Elizabeth's blogging future we can hope to see what's she's learned about web design (something she likes to dabble in from time to time) and share that information with other bloggers so that everyone can benefit.


Quote from Elizabeth's blog

"A girl can never have too many book boyfriends & a cupcake can never have too much frosting."


 I asked Elizabeth a few questions that could help us all get to know her a little better and give us a look at her experience with the blogging community so far.


The Interview ( Elizabeth's answers are in purple )

What's your personal story as to why you started blogging?

I started following book blogs about a year ago. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the community. I love meeting others who love to read and share a similar obsession to fictional characters :) Eventually I made the leap and started my own blog. I enjoy writing book reviews and helping other readers discover new books to fall in love with.

I noticed from your blog archive that you've only been blogging for a few months. Did you have help getting started or are you learning as you go along?

I have been learning as I go - it can be frustrating at times when things aren't going well but I am doing research on HTML & CSS. It is kind of funny that through starting my book blog, I have found I really enjoy web design and coding.

What are your favorite Genres to read?

Right now my favorite genre is new adult, I can easily relate since all the characters are usually about my age. I will read anything that has romance in it!! I enjoy contemporary, paranormal, and some dystopian.


Who are your favorite authors?

Julie James, Gina Maxwell, Colleen Hoover, Jennifer L Armentrout/J Lynn, Katee Robert, Karina Halle, Nyrae Dawn, Simone Elkeles, Cherrie Lynn, EK Blair, Suzanne Wright, and John Green (Wow!  I tried to narrow it down hehe)


Who are your top 3 book boyfriends?

Jude Ryder from the Crash Trilogy by Nicole Williams
Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle          Hodkins
Lucas Maxfield from Easy by Tammara Webber 

What do you like to do when your not reading or blogging?

I have a slight addiction to Pinterest & frozen yogurt. I have recently started dabbling in Web design and  digital media. So if I am not reading or blogging you can either find me hanging with my family or doing one of those things.

Biggest pet peeve?

Book related pet peeve: love triangles - someone always gets hurt :(
 Non-book related: noisy eaters



Places you can find this fabulous blogger
Links




 Thanks so much for joining in the fun Elizabeth and for answering my questions :D I definitely had a lot of fun with this and the best part is getting to make new friends and blogging buddies. As always, thanks for reading.

 Have you checked out any of the other tour dates? You absolutely should, who doesn't like making new friends? Check the dates out here:
 http://www.theclosetlibrary.blogspot.ca/2013/09/blogger-spotlight-tour-day-1.html



5 comments:

  1. Aww I love it :) Thank you for the fabulous post!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome :D I'm so happy that you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Great interview :) I also count Noah and Lucas among my favorite book boyfriends and I love frozen yoghurt *yum*
    Cool that you got into web design via blogging! I find it all rather confusing and just pick up what I really need to. I'd like to know more but unfortunately don't have the time to really learn it :/

    Carmen @ Shelfspace Needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jude is one of my favorite boyfriends too and I have also been getting into New Adult. Thank you so much for participating in this tour! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a lot of fun Justine :-)

      Delete