-->

Monday, September 16, 2013

Review - The Rise of the Hotel Dumort by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson



The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles Part #5) by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson
Release date - August 20th 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 61 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

In 1920s Manhattan, Magnus Bane hobnobs with the elite at a glamorous Jazz Age hotspot.

The immortal Magnus Bane is making the most of his time in the Roaring Twenties: He's settled into New York society and is thriving among the fashionable jazz set. And there is nowhere better to see and be seen than the glamorous Hotel Dumort, a glittering new addition to the Manhattan landscape. But a different type of glamour may be at play...


My Review

 I thought that this book in the Magnus Bane Chronicles was good. I did like it but not as much as I did the last few. I enjoyed reading about a short time that Magnus spent in the 1920's. This was always an interesting time for me with prohibition, flapper girls and endless parties.

 I loved Magnus' bar and I bet that it was one hell of a club. I also very much enjoyed the ending of the novel. I don't want to give anything away but its safe to say that it adds even more mystery about Magnus' character. I don't have any real dislikes about the Rise of Hotel Dumort but I wish there could have been more of my favorite flamboyant, humorous warlock instead of the more toned down one in this story.

I give this story a 3 ½ out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ½


Buy it here:

Amazon


You may also be interested in these reviews

Computer Hope Computer Hope Computer Hope Computer Hope

What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen |
Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale  |  The Midnight Heir 


Places you can find the authors 
Links

Cassandra Clare
Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Maureen Johnson
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment