Origin ( Lux, #4 )
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date - August 27th 2013
Published by Entangled Publishing
Paperback, 366 pages pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?
One of my favorite quotes
“Baby, I’m so far up the ladder there aren’t any pegs under me to be knocked down.”
“Wow,” she said. “That’s a new one.”
“You loved it.” - Daemon & Katy
My Review
Katy is gone. Trapped with the government organization Daedalus and Daemon refuses to sit and wait. He is prepared to do anything to get her back, but there is a lot more going on with this secret group then first suspected. Katy and Daemon both believe that as long as they are together they will find a way to beat Daedalus and finally be able to be happy. However, when certain events take place and truths come to light, Katy is unsure what the outcome will be. Humanity could have a fight on their hands for the right to live in peace on planet Earth.
I'm still feeling a little at a loss for words even a few days after reading Origin. I 100℅ LOVED this book. It was so fantastically awesome from the romance to the action, and I'm afraid I won't come up with a review deemed worthy enough for this spectacular novel .
OMG Daemon! This book seriously intensified my love for him. We still had the cocky, arrogant and oh so tough Luxen we love, and got added a more loving and sensitive side to Daemon when it involves his kitten. He is willing to do anything to save Katy from the hell she is facing with Daedalus and he definitely proved exactly how far he was willing to go to do it. When he said this:
“I’ll burn the world down to save her.”I swear I got chills. *swoon* I love his playfulness and how protective he is with his sister Dee. Honestly I don't think that there is anything about Daemon that I didn't like. Most favorite book boyfriend ever!
Katy was fantastic like she always was. I really like her character and I could see myself getting along with her perfectly, if she was real and we were friends. I find her personality to be just so down right likable and I loved the fact that she's a blogger and a gardener. Katy is also a lot braver then I could ever be. Some of the things that she endured while being held by the Daedalus was horrifying and yet she still remained strong and determined to escape.
There were a few heart wrenching surprises that I didn't see coming and I super enjoyed Hunter and Serena's (from Obsession) short appearance. Archer was a great new character and brings some extra awesome manliness to the story and I can't wait to find out if his admirer and him further their relationship. I also liked the introduction of the new hybrid/luxen crossbreed. There is already a lot of things going on in the story but it helps keep the story fresh and interesting.
I give Origin a 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment