Eventually I started participating regularly in memes and signing up for blog tours and cover reveals. Today I'm am incredibly happy with where this journey has brought me so far and I'm so proud of myself. But of course all of my wonderful followers and readers have really been the icing on the cake =D THANK YOU!
Of course I want to show off my stats, so please excuse my bragging.
My First's
First Review - Across the Universe by Beth Revis
First Meme - Waiting on Wednesday
First Blog Tour - 15 Minutes by Jill Cooper
First Cover Reveal - Kiya: Mother of a King by Katie Hamstead
Time for the mentions
First I'm going to thank my family. For all of those times I have my nose stuck in a book or I'm completely in the writing zone. Not to mention the times when I ignore the laundry and make a less then stellar dinner. I love you guys, thanks for being understanding..... most of the time.
The person that influenced me to start blogging was Kayliegh from K-Books (even if she doesn't know it). Hers was the first blog I ever read and I followed her tweets for a year before I decided that I wanted to do the blogging thing. It was through her example that I took the plunge.
Annie Walls author of the Famished Trilogy helped me understand what the heck I was doing when it came to figuring out how to do a blog tour. She took the time and pretty much held my hand through the wonderful first experience. I probably would have taken a lot longer to sign up for a blog tour if Annie hadn't asked me to be a part of hers. She was also the first author to "like" one of my reviews on Goodreads.
Michelle from Book Hangovers and Blabs . Since she is the first and only person to join in on one of my memes, so she gets a special shout out, YOU ROCK GIRL❤. Everyone should follow her cause she is really one great gal and she writes awesome reviews - with gifs!
Katie Hamstead author of the Kiya trilogy has to be one of the nicest authors that I have ever had the privilege of corresponding with. I did my first cover reveal for her and received my first ever signed book from her, along with a lovely Christmas card. Katie has a few new series coming out soon and I can't wait to help out with them. There is currently a huge giveaway in progress on my blog for a smörgåsbord of Katie and other authors books. Check it out here:
Rise of a New Dynasty - Blog Tour
Now for the giveaway part. I have up for grabs one (1) eArc of Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi. Since it's an ecopy this giveaway is international! All you have to do is leave a comment and a email address so I can contact the winner (Only 1 entry per person). Simple, right!! You must be 13 years or older or have permission from a parent/ guardian. This contest is open until March 31st. Once again I just want to say thanks everyone, you guys are the best fellow bookworms ever =D
Next week I will be back with a new giveaway and more of my special moments from over the past year. Until then, thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me today.



CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! So happy for you!! I love checking your blog every day to see what's in store for me and what bookish knowledge I get to learn day to day :) Thank you so much for the shout out! You are truly the best! xoxox ♥♥♥ Here's to many many more successful blogging days!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks darlin' your comments mean a lot to me :-D it was a wonderful day when you decided to start blogging. Tons of love girl!!
DeleteWhat a great post about your journey! Congrats on blogging 1 year, time goes fast. Your blog looks amazing and I'm sure we will see more great posts from you!
ReplyDeleteMyra
http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl
Thanks so much for your kind words Myra :-D
DeleteHappy Blogoversary! It sounds like you've had a fabulous year!
ReplyDeleteAnn
the.girl.and.the.book at gmail dot com