-->

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Review - The Guard by Kiera Cass




The Guard (The Selection #2.5)
by Kiera Cass
Expected Release date - February 4th 2014
Published by HarperCollins
ebook, 64 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . .
Before she entered the Selection . . .
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection trilogy. This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy.


My Review


  This was a nice companion book to the Selection series. The Guard is told from America's old boyfriend Aspen's perspective, who happens to be a palace guard. In this novella the reader gets an opportunity to see a Aspen's side of the story for a few of the pivotal moments that happened in The Elite, book #2 in the Selection series.

  I have to say that even though Aspen is considerate, brave and caring I don't want to see him end up with America. He broke up with her because he wanted to see her make something good of her life. A life he felt he couldn't properly provide for her. So since he made his bed, he should just lie in it already! Honestly I haven't been all that happy with America since reading the Elite. Honesty and loyalty are important qualities to be and America has been a bit lacking these things.

  In closing I would like to add that I did enjoy reading this story. Aspen really is a terrific guy unfortunately, who seems to be blinded by his past love. Hopefully he can move on in the final installment of this series, The One.

I give this a 3 out of 5 stars. 
 ✯ ✯ ✯ 








2 comments:

  1. My friend disliked this book because she is so anti-Aspen. XD but even though I am team Maxon, I do really want to read this! I hope that Aspen moves on in The One as well. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I'm not anti Aspen but I really do prefer Maxon. Thanks for stopping by and commenting =)

    ReplyDelete