-->

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quotable Thursdays - A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin



 Quotable Thursdays  is a meme created here at Mo_Books where I like to pick a quote or two from a great book ( be careful not to choose spoilers ) and explain why you like them.

 My pick this week is:


A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin


“I am the sword in the darkness,
I am the watcher on the walls,
I am the fire that burns against the cold,
The light that brings the dawn,
The horn that wakes the sleepers,
I am the shield that guards the realms of men.” 
 - The Men of the Night's Watch



Jon and Samwell, my two favourite watchmen.


Why I like it

  Since Game of Thrones, which is one of my favourite book series and television shows by the way, is getting ready to premiere it's 4th season, I thought I would share a quote from the book that started it all.

  The men of the Night's Watch are the guys that will protect you from the really terrifying things that go bump in the night. The "little" disagreements going on in Westeros are nothing compared to what these boys are in for.

If this quote has grabbed your interest add the book on Goodreads

 Thanks for stopping by my Quotable Thursday :-). If anyone knows of any great quotes please share them with me and join in the fun with your own QT.


5 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful quote!! I have got to read this series one day!! It's definitely a massive behemoth of a series but this one and Stephen King's Dark Tower's series are definitely on the bucket list!!
    Love the new layout!! Green is my favorite color and it's just in time for Spring ♥ Big hugs Monique xoxo
    Michelle @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did want to the Dark Tower series but I may have Stephen King's myself out a few years ago. I've read quite a few of his books. I'm glad you like the new layout Michelle =D it only took me like FOREVER to pick it out lol. Green is definitely one of my favourite Colours (I'm Canadian, so I add the u's lol) thanks for dropping by, darlin' ♥

      Delete
  2. That's a great quote, Monique. I think if I were to pick a favorite quote from A Game of Thrones (I haven't read any of the other A Song of Ice and Fire books yet), it'd probably be something from Syrio Forel's last scene. He was awesome!

    I'm doing Quotable Thursday for the first time this week. Not sure if I'll make it a weekly thing, but I found a quote I loved a few days ago and just had to show it off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in this week Amara =D I do my QT post every second Thursday. Stop in and share a quote whenever you like.
      When it comes to Syrio (whom I adored!) I can only think of one quote. "What do we say to Death?...Not today"

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I realized after I posted that I meant to type "biweekly". >.< Oh, well.

      Anyway, it's a great meme, and thanks for hosting it!

      Delete