-->

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - My All Time Favorite Books in Science Fiction or a Dystopian Genre.





 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, and for this weeks TTT here is my list, in no particular order, of Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in Science Fiction or a Dystopian Genre. These books could all be broken down further into romance, paranormal, adventure or fairytale. But they all have either Science Fiction or Dystopian in common.




Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 This series has been a thrilling ride so far. I'm just waiting on the finale book to be published and then I may go through Daemon Black withdrawal. Omg I that sexy, arrogant alien!





Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

 Everything about these books are fabulous. Even the novellas in this series are fantastic! Marissa Meyer has such a wonderful talent and I would read anything that she publishes.







Erasing Time by C. J. Hill

 I've only read the first book in this series. It was witty, clever and involves time travel, so I wasn't surprised by how much I enjoyed it.






The Testing series by Joelle Charbonneau

This book was one of my most valuable finds on NetGalley. These books kept me interested from start til finish. I'm so excited to read the conclusion to the series when it's finally published.






The Famished trilogy by Annie Walls

 This is one of my favourite zombie books ever written.








The Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa

 During a time when I pledged to myself that I wouldn't read anymore vampire stories, this was published. I couldn't be happier that I broke my rule and picked it up anyways....loved it!!





Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

 I really enjoyed this super hero in reverse story, where the people with the super powers are all evil.







Inside Out duology by Maria V. Snyder

 These were definitely some of my favourite works by Maria.


Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis
Spectacular series! I highly recommend this one for YA / SciFi fans.








Delirium series by Lauren Oliver

 Even though I was disappointed with the ending of this series I loved the first two books. The premise of a world with no love was highly stimulating for me.



 That's was actually quite difficult. There could be so many more books added to this list but I could only pick 10, and these were the freshest in my mind. What do you think?







11 comments:

  1. Nice list Monique!! You know, I really want to read the Lunar Chronicles! I've been waiting for the first book, Cinder, to get checked back in at the library b/c then I'll get it. I feel like I've been on hold forever! Should of just bought the darn book. Everyone I've talk to that's read, loves it! Another book, well author actually, is Brandon Sanderson!! I really want to read his stuff. Especially the Mistborn series. Have you read any of those?? I'll have to check out Steelheart, they even have that at the library, no wait! and I think we've already discussed me wanting to read Lauren Oliver's Delirium series. I like the words you used to describe them, "highly simulating" I'll take it! ;)
    hee heee heeee
    Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I don't know if you know this or not but you have this thing called thing called CAPTCHA it's that word verification/code thingys, on your blog. Where every time we want to leave a comment we have to type in a code. IT'S SO ANNOYING!! I had it on mine (had no idea) and a couple of people where saying "get rid of CAPTCHA" I had no idea what they were talking about, looked it up and agreed it had to go. I knew what they were talking about when they said it was annoying! I hate doing it on other blogger's comments.
      But I just wanted to ask if you knew you had it...If you want to get rid of it, you can do it in your settings :) Oh and if you meant to have it "sorry" lol

      Delete
    2. First off THANK YOU for telling me about the captcha thing. I flipp'n hate those things and I thought I took mine off a long time ago. I think I fixed it =).
      I hope Cinder comes in for you soon because this series just keeps getting better, so when you read it we can fangirl together ♥ The only book by Brandon Sanderson that I read was Steelheart. I really enjoyed his writing and I'm pretty sure that I would like his other books too. Thanks again for telling me about the comment thing, I feel bad knowing I was driving some people batty =s

      Delete
  2. I really loved Across the Universe! It was sooooo good! I have to agree about Delirium! I really loved the first book, but hated how it ended. Still, I would definitely recommend it. Great list! :)

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I really wish that Beth Revis could continue the series with a spin off, I so wasn't finished with Elder and Amy! Thanks for stopping by Kimi :-D

      Delete
  3. Across the Universe was so good, I just never got around reading the other books in the trilogy. Obsidian was alright too, never just continued with the series.
    Great list! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll find the time to continue on with the series, they're totally worth it. Thanks for visiting Milka :-D

      Delete
  4. Great genre choice! Some of these are new to me, so I will definitely be checking them out.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. I did also read the Lux series and have loved it so far.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete