-->

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
by Danielle Paige
Expected Release date - April 1st 2014
Published by HarperTeen
Hardcover, 432 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero. But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado—taking you with it—you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little blue birds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still the yellow brick road, though—but even that's crumbling.

What happened?
Dorothy. They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm—and I'm the other girl from Kansas. I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked. I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission:
Remove the Tin Woodman's heart.
Steal the Scarecrow's brain.
Take the Lion's courage.
Then and only then—Dorothy must die!



Why I want to read it

Wowsers!! This sounds fabulous *said in a singsong voice* The world of Oz has been a fascination of mine for basically as long as I can remember. I love retellings of classic stories and I'm very excited to get my grabby hands on this one.



What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.




8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one either. I love the Wizard of Oz. It's one of my favorite movies! Plus, the cover is absolutely beautiful! Check out my WOW!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I love retellings too, defintely keeping an eye out for this one! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this book might become a TV show - good pick
    Here's my WoW
    http://adventuresofareader.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! OMG Monique! I swear girl, we have great minds! I was totally going to post this book today, but I could of sworn I did it already. So I chose something else. Come to find out I never did post this one before LOL!!! FUNNY!! I can't wait to read this one :)
    check out my 2nd choice Book Hangovers Blabs Books
    BIG hugs & kisses xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monique! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check it out on my blog, all the info is there :) Book Hangovers Blabs Books

      Delete
  5. I have heard so many great things about this book, I can't wait to check it out!!! Great pick, and cute blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this one too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one around quite a bit. Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete