-->

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blog Tour (Review) + Giveaway - The Memory Witch by Heather Topham Wood



Hello all you fabulous readers =) Today I am excited to be a part of the blog tour for The Memory Witch, which is hosted by Shane over at IFB Tours. 



The Memory Witch (The Memory Witch, #1)
by Heather Topham Wood
Release date - December 15th 2013
Published by Crescent Moon Press
Add it to Goodreads
Purchase here - Amazon


BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Ten years ago, Quinn Jacobs’ mother made a bargain with a local witch—steal away Quinn’s memories from the first eight years of her life and in return, Quinn would spend a year in servitude to the witch. On Quinn’s eighteenth birthday, she’s forced to leave her home and friends behind. For the next year, she’ll live at the Chadwick House, learning everything she needs to know about being a spellcaster. As her powers grow, Quinn begins to unravel the secrets of the past and the reason her mother was so desperate to conceal the horrifying truth.


My Review

I received a copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review

  There were many aspects of this novel that I enjoyed. It was mysterious and intriguing. I loved that it was fast paced, to the point and that it keep to the plot without jumbling things up with useless filler. There was great character development. I really felt like I was completely understanding of exactly what Quinn was thinking and going through. But I would have liked to know more about Stella's story, even if she is just a secondary character.

  I liked Mason from the start. He immediately gave me the impression that he was a caring individual and it was a pleasure reading about the time that he and Quinn spent together. My favourite moment between the two was the bar scene before anything was actually going on between them. I think I liked it so much because this is when you feel the chemistry between them.

  Quinn was definitely an interesting character. Not only does it start off explaining that she has no recollection of any memories from before the age of eight but she also has a debt to repay to the person who removed these memories, and she wants to know why. I liked that Quinn pulled up her big girl panties and did what had to be done. I know 20 year olds that have problems taking care of themselves and paying their own debts let alone put their life on hold to "pay" for something that they had no recollection of.

  I was constantly interested in what was happening in the story and it was very intense and emotional when Quinn recovers her memories. Even though I predicted the "problem" I still felt the shock from finding out. My favourite parts in this novel were definitely the magical elements and it was interesting reading about Quinn discovering a heritage that she didn't know she had.

I give this a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Heather Topham Wood’s obsession with novels began in childhood while growing up in a shore town in New Jersey. Writing since her teens, she recently returned to penning novels after a successful career as a freelance writer. She’s the author of the paranormal romance Second Sight series and the standalone The Disappearing Girl .

Heather graduated from the College of New Jersey in 2005 and holds a bachelor's degree in English. Her freelance work has appeared in publications such as USA Today, Livestrong.com, Outlook by the Bay and Step in Style magazine. She resides in Trenton, New Jersey with her husband and two sons. Besides writing, Heather is a pop culture fanatic and has an obsession with supernatural novels and TV shows.
Website  |  Twitter | Facebook




a Rafflecopter giveaway




1 comment: