Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
The Winds of Winter ( A Song of Ice and Fire #6 ) by George R. R. Martin
Expected Release date - January 1st 2015
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
The Winds of Winter is the forthcoming sixth novel in the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. The previous instalment, A Dance with Dragons, covered less story than Martin intended, omitting at least one planned large battle sequence and leaving several character threads ending in cliffhangers. Martin intends to resolve these cliffhangers "very early" in The Winds of Winter, saying "I'm going to open with the two big battles that I was building up to, the battle in the ice and the battle at Meereen—the battle of Slaver's Bay. And then take it from there."
Why I want to read it
I think the reason I am posting about The Winds of Winter so early is because I'm trying to convince myself that the book will actually be published in January of next year. It took me the entire summer of 2012 to read the 5 books that are currently published. The wait for book #6 has been torture!! The only other books that I waited such a long period of time to be published were Harry Potter's. This series is phenomenal so don't be discouraged by the page counts because there is pure storytelling magic in those pages. Hurry up already George, I'm dying here!!!
What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.

This is one series that I want to read, so very badly, but it is so intimidating!!!!!! It is a massive, behemoth of a series that's for sure. One that I hope to tackle one day!
ReplyDeleteGreat WoW Monique!! Happy Hump DAY! hee hee ;)
Book Hangovers Blabs Books ♥
You definitely should!!! Especially since you enjoy fantasy so much. This series is so good and full of surprises, once you start will wish it was longer!! Have you watched the TV show? It comes back in a few weeks *squeals* I'm so excited =D
ReplyDeleteNo, I haven't watched the show. We don't have HBO :( I know I'd probably love it though. I watch that show, Viking, on the History channel. Have you seen it?
DeleteHell yeah!! I ♥ Ragnor, although he is disappointing me this year with the whole Lagitha thing.
DeleteI have watched the show, but I haven't started reading the books yet. They are huge. Mabe this summer I'll finally read them. Great pick for this week. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteThanks Barbara, I'm a huge fan of the books and the show. There are so many characters that I adore! Thanks for stopping by =D
DeleteMy friends have already read the other books of this series while poor me just haven't got the time to get on with it. Anyways, I'm sure my friends will definitely approve of your choice, Monique! :)
ReplyDelete=D thanks for stopping by Amanda, I hope you give the series a try someday.
DeleteI haven't even read the first book much less seen the series. I should catch up on both. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday!
My WoW
Be warned Shane, once you start you just can't stop lol. Thanks for visiting my WoW.
DeleteMy husband is desperately waiting for this too!
ReplyDeleteMissie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
He has great taste in books Missie =D thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI really need to start this series, I've heard great things about it. Thanks for stopping by earlier!
ReplyDeleteAlma @ Journey Through Fiction.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting Alma =)
DeleteOh honey, I so agree with you! I also read all the other books during the summer 2012, and oh was it a great summer! I haven't read them since then, and now I'm really itching to read them again. :) The best pick you could've chosen!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't re read any of the books either. However I do dust off the book and skim through it to compare to the accuracy of the TV show with each season. I'm such a nerd lol. Thanks for stopping by Sofia =D
DeleteHaha, this book! I want to read this series, but honestly I'm scared. They're just so LARGE and there's so much HYPE surrounding them. And I haven't really gotten into high fantasy yet. c:
ReplyDeleteIt shall happen some day though!
I haven't read the series, but mostly because I started watching the TV show first, and it ruins the books for me, but I hope you enjoy the book. Am sure it will be as amazing as the rest of them were!
ReplyDelete