Broken Skies ( Broken Skies #1 )
by Theresa Kay
Release date - March 2014
Self-Published
Add it to Goodreads
BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Thirty years ago, there was the Collapse. A massive war fought with biological weapons and followed by plague. Almost everyone died.
Ten years ago, the aliens showed up. They made one of our cities their own and that's where they stay, for the most part anyway.
One year ago, I killed two men and went a little crazy.
Today, the aliens took my brother and I will do whatever it takes to get him back even if it means partnering up with the enemy, an alien boy who makes me think things I shouldn't and makes me feel things I don’t understand.
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This was a stunning debut novel from Theresa Kay. I highly enjoyed this fast paced and thrilling adventure into a different time and era in human life. I am a huge lover of science fiction and I quickly became immersed in what i was reading. Combine the great start with exciting plot twists and great characters and you get a fantastic story that will keep the reader constantly entertained.
Jasmine "Jax" and her twin brother Jace live in a community that is run by a not so kind and gentle leader. When Jace was taken by some members of the alien race E'rikon, whom had come to Earth 10 years ago seeking refuge from their devastated planet, Jax would get no help from her leader. She could only rely on herself to get her brother back safely... or could she? Lir was left behind by the E'rikon that had taken her brother and even though Jax believed that his kind was the enemy, Jax teamed up with Lir, to rescue her brother.
I loved Jax. Her role in this story was both inspiring and heartbreaking. She was definitely determined to see her quest completed. I adored watching her grow and come out of her shell and I thought that Lir was good for her. I did however feel slightly annoyed that both Jax and Lir, were constantly unsure of the true intentions that they felt towards each other. It seemed that at any mention of possible mistrust, they would question each others loyalty, this bothered me.
In closing I would like to say that the ending of this story will leave you wanting more and rooting for you favourite characters. I absolutely recommend Broken Skies to any sci fi/ dystopian/ YA fans.
I give this a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The only person she knows who had a subscription to Writer's Digest at eleven and was always excited to write research papers, Theresa has been putting words to paper since a young age. She writes predominantly in the sci-fi and urban fantasy genres. Residing in central Virginia, she juggles two kids, a husband and a full-time job in addition to her writing and in her free time she reads almost anything she can get her hands on.
Author links
Website | Facebook
GIVEAWAY
a Rafflecopter giveaway
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The only person she knows who had a subscription to Writer's Digest at eleven and was always excited to write research papers, Theresa has been putting words to paper since a young age. She writes predominantly in the sci-fi and urban fantasy genres. Residing in central Virginia, she juggles two kids, a husband and a full-time job in addition to her writing and in her free time she reads almost anything she can get her hands on.
Author links
Website | Facebook
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Sounds like a really cool book, will be on the lookout for it! xx
ReplyDeleteThea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf